Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oopsie Rolls, Now What?

Well, if you haven't heard of oopsie rolls, where have you been? They are all over the internet in low carb forums and blogs. These little beauties are what I made tonight for the first time. Apparently, lots of people have trouble getting them to turn out, but I got it right the first time. The recipe was a mistake of a blogger named Jamie, but on the Low Carb Boards, she is known as Cleochatra. You can find her recipe on her blog, Your Lighter Side.


They look pretty good, don't they? I made them in my new ice cream sandwich pan. I was looking for a muffin top pan, but Bed, Bath, and Beyond only had these, and I had a coupon. What was I supposed to do? The only difference, really, is that these have a waffle shape in the bottom of the little wells. They are about 3 inches in diameter. Just right for making little sandwiches. I put some green can powdered parmesian cheese, oregano, and some garlic powder in these and skipped the splenda/stevia. I think that a grilled cheese sandwich will be yummy using these. If you have any other veggie ideas, please leave me a comment. I already tried one with a spoonful of roasted garlic hummus. It was delicious.


And speaking of delicious, I invented a low carb ice cream. It's not perfect yet, like I'm sure the liquid isn't supposed to separate from the ice crystals. Next time I'm going to try to put a little bit of xanthum gum into the mixer. Also, I highly recommend you freeze the protein shake in a zip lock bag to make it easier to break it into pieces without stabbing your finger and needing to go get stitches. Ask me how I know. Well, I didn't go get stitches, but I should have. I think I hit the bone with the knife. Lesson learned. Here's my recipe:

Protein Shake Chocolate Ice Cream

1/2 frozen Atkins Protein Shake
2 oz Hoods Calorie Countdown Chocolate Milk
2 oz Half and Half or heavy cream
1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum

Break up the frozen shake (or chop it if you're not clumsy like me) and put it into a blender or mini food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it looks like my picture. Hopefully the Xanthan Gum will prevent the separation. If you try it before I do, let me know how it works out. It's delicious, by the way. Only 2 carbs per serving.


2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so wonderful! I just had dinner and now I want your food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sherril. I found your blog by coincidence. I have the same name, different spelling. I have had weigt problems since I was 7 and upon going thru your (fantastic) blog, immediately ordered the Metabolism Miracle. I'm now at day 10 and am happy that it offers me a solution. I don#t know what my Diet-Doctor will have to say about it. I'm not sure I even care right now. thank you soooo much for you recommendation!!! I also sew. It's not easy finding cltohes I like. and altho not everything I sew for myself is much better, at least here I can learn from you as well. Greeting from far-away Germany

    ReplyDelete